Atomic transactions in Plasma Cash

This is the idea to execute multiple transactions atomically in Plasma Cash.

related discuttion: Plasma Cash defragmentation, take 3

Proposal

• confirmation signature(It need for exit and challenge).
  • confirmation signature is Sign(root, H(tx1), H(tx2)).
  • Tx1 has H(Tx2) as pair and Tx2 has H(Tx1) as pair
  • Users have to prove inclusion of all pair transactions, so they send all pair transactions and proofs for exit and challenge.

An example

• atomic swap
  • Tx1: Alice sends coinA to Bob
  • Tx2 Bob send coinB to Alice

Attacks

• If Bob is a malicious operator and he withholds Tx1 and Tx2.
  • In case of that Bob exit coinB with invalid history and later he exits coinA.
    • Alice have to challenge(invalid history) to coinA’s exit.
    • Bob respond to challenge with Tx1, Tx2, proofs, and confSig after 6days 23hour.
    • Alice cannot challenge(invalid history) to coinB’s exit because coinB’s exit period could end up
  • In case of that Bob exit coinB with invalid history.
    • Alice has to exit coinA soon.
    • Bob challenge(spent) with Tx1, Tx2, proofs and confSig after 6days 23hour.
    • Alice cannot challenge(invalid history) to coinB’s exit because coinB’s exit period could end up

Modification for these attacks

• “beforeChallenge - startExit” must be longer than “respondChallenge - beforeChallenge” and spentChallenge period.
  • For example, all exit period is 2week, “beforeChallenge” available period must be 8days, “respondChallenge” and “spentChallenge” available period is 6days.

References

I watched “plasma cashflow” now, and I noticed my misunderstanding.

Alice can send all signs of atomic txs and tx body, because of confsig.
If Bob don’t give phase 1 sig to Alice, atomic swap transaction never become available.
So Alice can challenge Bob’s coinA ,and she exit coinA.

So force include atomic swap transaction will be work. And That’s better than my idea.