Open-source 3D and VR Blockchain Visualizations

Just wanted to make people aware of this open source (GPL v3) project to visualize blockchain transactions in 3D and VR: https://blockchain3d.info

It is multi-platform (iOS, Linux, Android, MacOS and Windows), written in C# and Unity. Supports Bitcoin just now, and Ethereum ERC-20 flows are planned. It is a fun way to visualize flows of data around a graph, especially in VR (Cardboard supported just now, others on the roadmap).

Always keen to hear feedback and from any interested buidlers who’d like to contribute.

3 Likes

Neat project! New ways to visualize blockchain activity will certainly help in the design efforts. I know Vlad and co at ETHBerlin had a crude but very useful 2D visualization for a sharding proof of concept they made. It was very useful to visualize what they were presenting. A multiple-chain sharding visualization would be very cool, as would a visualization with check pointing for POS.

1 Like

Thanks Bryant very useful feedback. I need to do some more research into POS and sharding. Do you know if there are slides or a video of the Eth Berlin material you speak of?

Videos should be coming out soon. It basically looked like 3 chains marching in parallel, with some light yellow lines showing how they were trying together at the head. There was blue for regular blocks and red for checkpoint blocks I believe. It also showed a bit of the uncle’s growing off the side of they chains, and the chain would meander a bit to show that different validators we’re making choices.

Graphics make everything more understandable!

Thanks Bryant I’ll look out for that