I want to start a topic to discuss what kind of features would be useful for game engine-powered projects (games, simulators, enterprise stuff), which utilized Ethereum blockchain for different purposes (like ERC-20 or ERC-721 tokens or logic, implemented in smart contracts).
I’m interested in this because I recently released “Etherlinker” - open source project, which will allow you to interact with Ethereum blockchain from Unreal Engine 4. Now I’m searching ways on how to improve it.
Some features, which I already implemented in this project:
- Contract deployment support
- ETH transfer support
- Wallet balance checking support
- Wallet creation support
- Custom solidity contracts support
- ERC20 token contract template with Premium Items and Subscriptions support
- ERC721 token contract template to make unique in-game entities, like pets
- Donations contract template - raise funds for your projects without paying commissions to third-party providers
- Execute multiple operations on Ethereum blockchain from UE4 with a single batch request
- Lots of ways to create or load Ethereum wallets.
- Data encryption methods on both UE4 and integration server sides (SSL, AES-256, RSA, ECDSA, HMAC)
- Infura Network/Geth/Parity support
You can read more about the project here: https://bitbucket.org/kelheor/etherlinker-for-ue4
Some features, which might be useful to implement in future:
- Find a way to speed up transactions (Plasma support?)
- Implement an example of VR Shop, where people can preview and order real things
- Hardware wallets support
Would be glad to hear any other ideas or features.