Ethereum integration for Unreal Engine 4

Hello.

I want to start a topic to discuss what kind of features would be useful for game engine-powered projects (games, simulators, enterprise stuff), which utilized Ethereum blockchain for different purposes (like ERC-20 or ERC-721 tokens or logic, implemented in smart contracts).

I’m interested in this because I recently released “Etherlinker” - open source project, which will allow you to interact with Ethereum blockchain from Unreal Engine 4. Now I’m searching ways on how to improve it.

Some features, which I already implemented in this project:

• Contract deployment support
  • ETH transfer support
  • Wallet balance checking support
  • Wallet creation support
  • Custom solidity contracts support
  • ERC20 token contract template with Premium Items and Subscriptions support
  • ERC721 token contract template to make unique in-game entities, like pets
  • Donations contract template - raise funds for your projects without paying commissions to third-party providers
  • Execute multiple operations on Ethereum blockchain from UE4 with a single batch request
  • Lots of ways to create or load Ethereum wallets.
  • Data encryption methods on both UE4 and integration server sides (SSL, AES-256, RSA, ECDSA, HMAC)
  • Infura Network/Geth/Parity support

You can read more about the project here: https://bitbucket.org/kelheor/etherlinker-for-ue4

Some features, which might be useful to implement in future:

• Find a way to speed up transactions (Plasma support?)
  • Implement an example of VR Shop, where people can preview and order real things
  • Hardware wallets support

Would be glad to hear any other ideas or features.

3 Likes

Hi Kelheor,

My name is Zion I would like to have a call with you about continuation of your core Etherlinker development. I am gearing up to launch UHDTV Ethereum Tokenization Blockchain powered network with FCC Licensed 4K & 8K UHDTV Channel and Telecom across the U.S. If you are available immediately to talk please let me know our team is meeting investors on Thursday. We are also building VR platform and VR event domes with Immersive TV. Thanks Zion

Sorry, don’t have time for further development right now.

i was looking for a library of some sort and stumbled on etherlinker id like to test this out in ue5 but thought i should ask if theres any changes that needs to be patched for compatibility…