NFT marketplace for ideas

A decentralized marketplace where people can post their ideas, and others as individuals or as a community can buy, contribute to, invest in or lease the idea. The ideas will be posted as NFT so it can be easily traded. Most ideas will be small text postings so it won’t take a lot of space or energy to trade them. The marketplace platform will have its own coin but will also allow trading with other acceptable coins.

4 Likes

I am interested working in this area. Have been thinking about it for many years.

I think it can truly connect and help people around the world.

I like the concept. Especially if your investment went with the idea, regardless of the team that takes over the idea and works on it. Some thoughts:

• There would need to be a some search and matching functionality to prevent spamming of duplicate ideas.
  • Perhaps there could be some way to link ideas and combine them.
  • Would it be like a decentralized patent system?
4 Likes

If the duplicate checking code was part of the smart contract… people could ‘grant permission’ to have that code run on the ‘idea content’…it could return a score of similarity of all prior content.

Not sure if ‘idea content’ should be on chain or side chain.

1 Like

A decentralized patent registry.

2 Likes

For every account, the most recent idea post can be on chain and all previous ones can move to sidechain.

1 Like

Ideas inherently are abstract. How do you plan to quantify or make it tangible enough to make an NFT off? There could be a laid out idea_standard that we can build around?

No matter how abstract an idea is, in essence it’s just a bunch of information organized in a particular way. It’s the user’s responsibility to be as specific as possible.

1 Like

Hi,

I like that one. I think we can do this. What would you like to act on?

Best regards.
Kinomiya

What are your thoughts?

// Idea, in essence, is just a bunch of information organized in a particular way. //

Yeah, information about prescriptive or implicit transformation.

// It’s the user’s responsibility to be as specific as possible. //

Some ideas make sense only in the abstract, but once you start over-specifying them, by giving blueprints (like in patents), they become less applicable. For example, if instead of describing abstract mathematical idea of a Turing machine, one provides an instance of it (for example, a specific CPU or decentralized implementation architecture), then, while pragmatic, such concretization would be less generally applicable.

I guess, for valid ideas, generality of applicability is inversely related with level of specificality:

=> the responsibility must be to be “sufficiently specific”, rather than “maximally specific”.

3 Likes

My understanding is that similar ideas (NFTs) should be composable, allowing them to be combined, refined and developed by the owners (together).

One issue I see is that ideas are more often than not shared, as opposed to original. Just because someone presents the idea in this form, can that really be considered a patent.

Say for instance the idea is already legally patented?

1 Like

Actively working on the P&D for my MBA on this topic, would like to contribute. Industry is already beginning to show some life, below is a link

What is the purpose of a decentralized patent system? Generally patent disputes do not occur because of issues relating to the patent registry. Patents are for all intents and purposes are a legal concept and do not inherently benefit from being tokenized on a blockchain.

I do not see a problem being solved. Please enlighten me if there is a use case for such a thing

Why would I lease an idea if I can copy it and make it my own idea NFT?
What are the rules regarding copying people?
How would they be enforced?

This would be extremely difficult because we can’t accurately define the degree of plagiarism. And the value of individual ideas would be hard to measure accurately, which would prevent this market from getting good liquidity, I mean if you have a great idea, it could be copied.
Maybe if this was built in a social or on-chain identity network, requiring credit endorsement, etc.

Yes but it’s like painting nft or art nft.You can copy it but it has no value.

let’s do this, dm me on telegram @alphamint

Let’s work together. You can DM me @shakeib98

Very much interested in this. dm me @abdulsamijay