Probably outdated, but: EIP-170 24KB max. leading to Expensive On-Chain Data Blobs masqueraded as compiled EVM bytecode

Hi! I’m new to Ethereum intrinsics, and would like to benchmark / PoC out of sheer interest, its capability - no matter how right or wrong, or disincentived that currently is - as a Decentralized Globally Distributed, reputable, Database or Encrypted Record hosts. Bluntly, I was reading about the Deployment mechanism of “Compiled EVM Smartcontracts” sent to an empty recipient address / or 0x00.

Questioning, without reading Code yet but some Documentation and Proposals, how a Compiled Binary Blob qualifies as a Compiled Smartcontract, whether ELF header like segmentation was already done, and noonetheless - in the end, if i am willing to pay the enourmos gas fees for production-scale use of that interface, I would probably win in letting an AES blob look like whatever the “Validator?” expects.

Is this… possible in theory and practice, and which thoughts/comments does it raise, disregarding Gwei->Eth payments?

Happy to hear any recommendations for the current closest Blockchain equivalent of a Redis Cluster, too.

Dan

I wanted to mention this American Fuzzy Loop AFL quote, in case you want to make compiled smart contracts more verifiable:

Internal filesystem checksums also pose a challenge. The fuzzer will change things in the image, but those values won't be reflected in the checksums. One possibility would be to comment out the checksum-verification code in the filesystem, though that could lead to introducing other bugs. It also means that the test-case images may no longer work on a stock kernel. A better idea is to calculate the correct checksums and modify the image before it gets mounted. Figuring out how and where to do that can take a fair amount of work, however.

Dan