Version 3 is now up for discussion.
Main changes compared to version 2:
- Replay protection for externally owned accounts changed from temporal to non-temporal to ensure that account nonces are never reused (reuse of nonces allow re-creation of contracts)
- Lock-ups are replaced with rent prepayments. Prepayments provide protection from dust griefing vulnerability, though temporary rather than permanent. Prepayments cannot be released, which avoids issues of changing economics of some smart contracts, like DEXs
- State counters are introduced to make the state size metrics trivially observable, as well as to provide future path for floating rent, if needed.
- Transaction format is not modified
- Functionally of gaslimit (field of a transaction) is extended so that gaslimit*gasprice limits prepayments
- Floating rent and “clean” eviction of contracts are re-added for completeness as optional changes