We have seen a lot of discussions on data availability over the last 2 years, especially in the context of sharding and plasma.
A few of us working on Plasma related data availability solutions thought it would be good to have a gathering during Devcon. Interested attendees could be researchers and engineers working on Sharding and Casper, various Plasma proposals and even state channels. It seems like there are a lot of potential solutions with various tradeoffs that can be reused and it would be great to review and discuss these in person.
If you are interested in attending, please briefly describe the context in which you need to guarantee data availability (e.g. sharding, plasma, state channels, oracles, etc.). This will help organizing the event. In addition, feel free to propose dates, duration, location and event format.
When: See poll below
Length : Half a day (?)
What : (?)
- Single, large round table (ideally we are under 30 participants)
- Short presentations (~10 mins) by interested parties followed by discussion (20-30 mins)
- Presentation should present the system used, why data availability is a problem in this context and the solution being used for now (if any).
- Presentations are sorted by topic similarities to optimize discussion flow
- Focus is on discussions, not presentations.
Current potential attendees ( ~33 ) :
- Philippe Castonguay (@PhABC)
- Konstantin Kladko (@kladkogex)
- Aidan Hyman(@ChainSafe)
- Alex Gluchowski (@gluk64)
- Martin Köppelmann (@mkoeppelmann)
- Georgios Konstantopoulos (@gakonst)
- Vitaliy Gataulin (@vitaliygataulin)
- Yondon Fu (@yondonfu)
- Nathan Ginnever (@nginnever)
- Liam Horne (@liam)
- Johann Barbie (@johba)
- Kevin +? (@philosopher)
- Miguel Morales +? (@therevoltingx)
- Terence Tsao +2 (@terence)
- Alex (@josojo)
- Miguel Morales + 1 (@therevoltingx)
- Stefan George (@StefanGeorge)
- Evgeny (@eMarchenko)
- Paul Hauner (@paulhauner)
- Bryant Eisenbach (@fubuloubu
- Gamal Schmuck (@gamalschmuck)
- Fabian Raetz (@fraetz)
- Sourabh Niyogi (@sourabhniyogi)
- Kelvin Fichter (@kfichter)
Please vote for preferred date (half a day).
Do not forget that Oct 28-29 is the Ethereum Magician Council of Prague and November 2th is the last day of Devcon (usually sponsor talks, but not confirmed).
- October 27th
- October 28th
- October 29th
- November 2th
- November 3rd